Dear MODS mailing list subscribers,

I have a problem how to add authority data IDs (especially valueURIs) in
copy specific provenance information according to MODS SCHEMA. The following
example produces a MODS SCHEMA validation report:

    <mods:note
               type="ownership"
               displayLabel="Provenienz"
               valueURI="http://d-nb.info/gnd/118677446"
               authorityURI="http://d-nb.info/gnd/"
               authority="gnd">Crusius,Martin
    </mods:note>

MODS SCHEMA validation report:
- Attribute 'authority' is not allowed to appear in element 'mods:note'.
- Attribute 'authorityURI' is not allowed to appear in element 'mods:note'.
- Attribute 'valueURI' is not allowed to appear in element 'mods:note'.

I would love to know if there is already any solution in MODS format or
whether there are plans to correctly provide authority data IDs in
provenance information.

Kind regards
Gerrit Kuhle

Metadata and Data Conversion