From: Metadata Object Description Schema List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Caitlin Nelson
Sent: Friday, May 17, 2013 4:05 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MODS] MODS to MARCXML XSLT transformations

Hello MODS folks,

We are adapting several of the MODS transformation stylesheets for use in a new Islandora instance in Florida, namely DC-to-MODS / MODS-to-DC and MARCXML-to-MODS / MODS-to-MARCXML (v 3.4).  For the most part things are going well, but I have a question about the MARCXML transformations.

The MARCXML to MODS 3.4 stylesheet has very recently been updated and looks great.  We are having problems, however, with the MODS to MARCXML stylesheet, which hasn't been updated to reflect the new changes (not updated at all in about a year, it looks like).  We have little expectations for a perfect roundtrip, but we're still trying our best.

So, two questions: one, will the MODS to MARCXML stylesheet be updated anytime soon?  And two, does anyone have stylesheets they'd be willing to share that do a decent job of round-tripping?  While we can update the stylesheets here, it would be nice to use work that's already done (or wait for work in process).  (Conversely, we are happy to share our stylesheets to anyone who wants them as well.)

Thanks so much,

Caitlin
--

Caitlin Nelson