I have never been able to get a style sheet to successfully process an EAD file
in which the root element looks like this (i.e., your basic AT export):

<ead xsi:schemaLocation="urn:isbn:1-931666-22-9 http://www.loc.gov/ead/ead.xsd"
xmlns:ns2="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink" xmlns="urn:isbn:1-931666-22-9"

I always have to strip everything out so that it's just <ead>.

For obvious reasons, this is a PITA.  Is there something I can do so that the
style sheet will apply successfully even with all that stuff in there?

Right now I'm using Saxon and my stylesheet is XSL 1.0 if that matters.

Thanks

Michele
The bond that links your true family is not one of blood,
but of respect and joy in each other's life. Rarely do
members of one family grow up under the same roof.
  -- Richard Bach, Illusions