Email: [log in to unmask]

Job Title:LIBRARIAN

Department:Department Of Veterans Affairs

Agency:Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration

Job Announcement Number:VM-13-TJE-909432

SALARY RANGE:

$57,408.00 to $74,628.00 / Per Year

OPEN PERIOD:

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 to Monday, July 01, 2013

SERIES & GRADE:

GS-1410-11

POSITION INFORMATION:

Part Time 30 hours - Permanent

DUTY LOCATIONS:

1 vacancy in the following location:
Madison, WI United States

WHO MAY APPLY:

United States Citizens

JOB SUMMARY:

Vacancy ID: 909432

OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln’s promise – “To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan” – by serving and honoring the men and women who are America’s Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?

The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) needs employees who possess the energy, compassion, and commitment to serve those who served our Country. Whatever the job title, every position in VA will give you a chance to make a meaningful and personal contribution to the lives of truly special and deserving people - our Veterans. VA professionals feel good about their careers and their ability to balance work and home life. VA offers generous paid time off and a variety of predictable and flexible scheduling opportunities. Working for VA is one of the most emotionally satisfying and professionally rewarding ways to dedicate the best within you to your Country's service. If you are transitioning from the military or a Veteran already, we invite you to explore the benefits of continuing your career at the VA. The VA is committed to hiring Veterans.

The VA is much more than just another employer. It is an honorable, open and welcoming community of those who care. Gratitude is our motivation and service is our mission.

The VA has adopted Core Values and Characteristics that apply universally across the Department. The five Core Values define “who we are,” our culture, and how we care for Veterans, their families and other beneficiaries. The Values are Integrity, Commitment, Advocacy, Respect and Excellence (“I CARE”).

America's Veterans need you! To find out more, go to http://www.va.gov/jobs/.

KEY REQUIREMENTS

DUTIES:

Back to top

NOTE: This is a part-time position (30 hours/week). The salary listed represents full-time employment and will be pro-rated based on the actual number of hours worked each pay-period. Likewise, benefits and time-off accrual will also be prorated and based on your part-time work schedule.

This position is within the Library Service located at the William S. Middleton Memorial Veterans Hospital in Madison, WI.  The Librarian performs professional and technical tasks and has an understanding of medical terminology and the ability to apply standard library tools, methods, and procedures to effect good library service.  The Librarian has overall responsibility for conducting and performing administrative management duties for the Medical Library and provides customer centered service and works directly with facility staff in support of patient care, patient education, staff education, research and technical services. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:

Work Schedule: Part-Time, Monday through Friday, Hours can be anywhere between 8:00am – 4:30pm

  ***RELOCATION EXPENSES AND/OR INCENTIVES ARE NOT AUTHORIZED***