Thanks so much Andrea!  I did reach out to DC By the Book so if I hear back I’ll be sure to share.

Suzanne

From: Center for the Book state centers communication [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Andrea Lewis
Sent: Wednesday, June 26, 2013 3:30 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Washington DC Crowd Sourced Map

Hi Suzanne,

I stumbled across Google’s Placing Literature project earlier today and am planning to check it out.  I know DC By the Book uses Google Maps, but DC has numerous elements that take their project many, many steps beyond Placing Literature.  I don’t have a moment right now to delve deeper, so this may not be a viable alternative/element for a broader project.  Still thought it was worth a share.  Maybe one of you knows more about it.

http://www.placingliterature.com/

Best,

Andrea

Andrea D. Lewis

Program Officer

Maryland Center for the Book | Opportunity Grants

Maryland Humanities Council

(T) 410.685.6161

(F) 410.685.0795