Everyone,

It seems as if some people may be using the various Task Group reports,
especially the Task Group Report on Relationship Designators, as if they
were PCC approved documentation or guidelines.  This is just a reminder
that Task Group reports should /*NEVER*/ be used in this way.  The
reports posted on the PCC website contain the recommendations of the
Task Group alone.  Any final recommendations that have been accepted
after being vetted through you and OpCo will be posted as separate
documents.  There are always a number of Task Group recommendations that
may not be accepted, may be deferred, or may be altered.  The reports
may also contain typographical errors and may not mesh with other
reports posted on the PCC site. /Only documents distributed or posted as
official PCC policy or LC/PCC PSs can be considered as such./  I realize
that there may be questions unanswered by this documentation, though.
It will be very important for you to raise your questions to the
appropriate list so that we can incorporate ithem into the pertinent
documentation or training program.  Thanks so much for your help!  We're
all making our way through a time of enormous transitions and PCC will
do its best to keep your documentation as timely and as accurate as
possible.

Philip

--
Philip E. Schreur
Chair, Program for Coooperative Cataloging