Has there been any further discussion on this?

I just ran into the authority record for Breece D'J Pancake who died in 1979. I added his birth info to the 046 field, but would really like to ‘complete’ his dates in the 100 field of the authority record. The information was readily available. I am currently reviewing the loads of the modified Phase 2 records and ‘running into’ many records that could be changed. I am sure others are as well.  By delaying  a decision to add birth and well as death dates, we are missing an opportunity to make our AAPs more complete.

Mary Charles Lasater

From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Reser, Dave
Sent: Thursday, May 02, 2013 5:28 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PCCLIST] Incomplete dates in personal name access points

That's an excellent question, Ryan-- we were talking about that very question here at LC yesterday! We decided it was time to move that question on to a consultation stage with the PCC/SCS  and OCLC, but with the PCC Operations Committee meeting here today and tomorrow, we just haven't had a chance.
Thanks for raising it,
Dave Reser
LC PSD