Mary Charles,

For the same reason(s) you might optionally add a death date to an open birth date in an authorized access point, you can optionally add a birth date to an open death date in an authorized access point. These are two exceptions to the general NACO principle that changes are not made to an authorized access points unless the authorized access point contains an error.

The LC-PCC PS to document this will be published on July 9, but it is ok to apply the option now.

Paul

Paul Frank

Cooperative Programs Section

Cooperative and Instructional Programs Division

Library of Congress

101 Independence Ave., SE

Washington, DC 20540-4230

202-707-1570