I would also like to know what would one do with the uniform title in cases where there are such symbols as the $ sign. We sometimes get things like that. We have a title: Thomas@ - it's part of a series and is translated in other languages. How would you construct the uniform title?

Louise van Heerden

Senior Librarian,

National Library of South Africa

Pretoria

>>> "Flynn, Emily" <[log in to unmask]> 5/31/2013 01:20 PM >>>
Kevin, I've seen similar items with punctuation or symbols used as letters for effect. I'd do as you suggested, a 245 as the title is printed and a 246 with what it's meant to be (i.e. Pirate Corps!). Anyone who does agree can walk the plank--happy Friday!

Emily
@ReadWriteLib
www.readwritelib.com

Emily Flynn, Catalog Librarian, Content Operations
ProQuest | 789 E. Eisenhower Parkway, P.O. Box 1346 | Ann Arbor MI 48106-1346 USA | +1 734 707 2422
www.proquest.com

ProQuest ... Start here. 2012 InformationWeek 500 Top Innovator | 2012 Detroit Free Press Michigan Top Workplace