Jennifer, thanks a lot for the help. If so, I do hope that PCC can add some policy statements focusing on the issue. Even one author is not listed on one resource, he or she may be treated as the main access point of a record if he or she was the main access points of the first edition.
From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Jennifer Sweda [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, June 03, 2013 6:49 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PCCLIST] Main access point of an RDA record for updated edition with different author

Hi Yan
Interesting wrinkle--RIP Kiely... My understanding is that you should do exactly what you're proposing you would do, regardless of the fact that Kiely has died, b/c you're identifying a new Expression of what is still the same Work. As the RDA Special Topics: Revised Editions of Monographs documentation states: Edition statement and other elements will still identify expression differences.
If I'm wrong, I'd love to hear about it; I catalog lots of Xth edition economics textbooks and co-authors are always being swapped in and out and I'm sure, in at least a few of the longest-running titles, a few of them are stiffs!

best
Jennifer
UPenn