From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Robert Bratton
Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2013 12:06 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PCCLIST] References from initialisms

The problem is, authorized access points like UNICEF and AFL-CIO are RDA compliant but they are *not* compliant with LC practice/PCC practice per RDA 11.7.1.4.  Adding the qualifiers to preferred names like these is the stated LC/PCC practice.

"LC practice/PCC practice: If the name chosen for the authorized access point for a corporate body is an initialism or acronym written in all capital letters (with or without periods between them), add a qualifier to the name."

When we convert AAPs like these to RDA, what should we do?  Do we have to consider LC/PCC practice in evaluating AAPs for compliance with RDA?