Marsha

I'm pretty sure there isn't a list of controlled terms for "Other
designations" used as qualifiers in corporate names. Also, Paul Frank
was clear in one of the LC RDA training videos that PCC now accept more
specific qualifers than those we used under AACR2 (so we adopted that
policy). At the same time DCM:Z1 urges the use of controlled vocabulary
in the corresponding 368 in the authority record. At the BL we have
preferred to use something helpful to the user in 110/410 and 111/411,
while using LCSH in 368, so for example:

111 XYZ (Conference)

368 |c Congresses and conventions |2 lcsh

Regards

Richard

Richard Moore

Authority Control Team Manager