I think Adam's example is exactly what RDA calls for.  I also think it's certainly worthy of mention in an LC-PCC PS, since it's one of those things that probably escapes many catalogers--just like the point that a "title main entry" monograph with a title such as "Africa" needs that thing we used to call a uniform title (again, as either 130 or 730, whichever way that thing gets resolved...)

Kevin M. Randall
Principal Serials Cataloger
Northwestern University Library
(847) 491-2939