Subject: Call for Vice-Chair and Board Members for Authority Control Interest Group

The ALA LITA/ALCTS Authority Control Interest Group is looking for a volunteer to serve as Vice Chair for the 2013-2014 term (2014 Midwinter and Annual conferences). After serving for one year as a Vice Chair, you will become the Chair for the 2014-2015 term (2015 Midwinter and Annual conferences). The ACIG provides a forum for discussion of a variety of issues related to authority control for online catalogs and for international sharing of authority of data.

You will be expected to attend the Midwinter and Annual conference during the time of election, to participate in planning for our conference sessions, and to attend the business meeting after the session during each conference (usually one hour).  The combined ACIG program plus business meeting takes place during conferences on Sunday from 1:00-5:30pm.

No experience is necessary, but we would like to know more about your interest and experience in working with authority control. You will have a board of six members at large plus officers to help support in planning the conference sessions.

In addition to the Vice-Chair/Chair-Elect position, the Secretary position and four Member-At-Large positions will be available.

For further information please visit the ACIG ALA Connect space at http://connect.ala.org/node/65335 and the ACIG web page at http://www.ala.org/alcts/mgrps/camms/grps/ats-dgacig?year=2013.

If you are interested in helping with our group, please submit your name, title, a statement of why you are interested and your related experience, and your contact information to Caroline Miller ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>) and Christina Hennessey ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>) by Tuesday, June 25th.

Caroline Miller

Chair, Authority Control Interest Group

And

Christina Hennessy
Vice Chair/Chair-Elect, Authority Control Interest Group.