From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Benjamin A Abrahamse
Sent: Monday, June 24, 2013 10:20 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [PCCLIST] Pantone--corp. body AR questions

I am cataloging a Pantone color guide.  The company, Pantone, was established under AACR2 as Pantone, Inc. (n  86084523 / 1852846).  The record in NAF is still coded as AACR2.

It now represents itself (see, e.g.: http://www.pantone.com/pages/pantone.aspx?pg=19306) as "Pantone LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of X-Rite Incorporated."

I seek the wisdom of the NACO membership on two points:

1. Should the 110 be changed?  The rules suggest it should but I'm not sure of the practical implications.  I see approximately 200 records in OCLC under "Pantone, Inc.", though almost none of them are full-level PCC records.

2. Does the form "Pantone" alone suffice? Or does it need to be changed to Pantone LLC, "to make it clear that the name is that of a corporate body" (see: 11.2.2.0 "Terms indicating incorporation...")?  (And if  the LLC is to be retained, does that mean Patone, Inc. --> Pantone LLC is a change in name and two linked records should be created?)

Thanks,
Ben

Benjamin Abrahamse
Cataloging Coordinator
Acquisitions, Metadata and Enterprise Systems
MIT Libraries
617-253-7137