From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Brueck, Vicki
Sent: Thursday, May 30, 2013 11:17 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PCCLIST] Addresses as geographic qualifiers for corporate names

Chris,

The LC-PCC PS for RDA 11.13.1.3 addresses this issue.

Change in Place

LC practice/PCC practice: When the geographic name changes or the corporate body moves from one locale to another, revise an existing authorized access point to reflect the changed situation.

EXAMPLE

110 2#

$a Midlands Museum (Zimbabwe)

410 2#

$a Midlands Museum (Southern Rhodesia)

Founded in 1972; name of the government changed in 1980

110 2#

$a Fourth Presbyterian Church (Bethesda, Md.)

410 2#

$a Fourth Presbyterian Church (Washington, D.C.)

Founded in 1828 in Washington, D.C.; moved to Bethesda, Md., in 1957

Thanks,

Vicki

Vicki Brueck

Senior Cataloger

Resource Management Services Branch

State Library of North Carolina

4641 Mail Service Center

Raleigh, N.C.  27699-4641

Office: (919) 807-7451  Fax: (919) 733-1843

E-mail correspondence to and from this address may be subject to the North Carolina Public Records Law "NCGS.Ch.132" and may be disclosed to third parties by an authorized state official.