Adam

Yes, I think it has been inferred. LC-PCC-PS for 11.7.1.4 says:

"If the name chosen for the authorized access point for a corporate body is an initialism or acronym written in all capital letters (with or without periods between them), add a qualifier to the name."

11.13.2.1 (Variant Access Points) says:

"Make additions to the name, if considered important for identification. Apply the instructions at 11.13.1.2-11.13.1.8, as applicable."

As initialisms and acronyms are considered by the LC-PCC-PS to come under the category of names not conveying the idea of a corporate name, then clearly it becomes important to qualify them for identification.

The variant access point in the example at LC-PCC-PS for 11.7.1.4 is itself qualified.

1XX, 4XX: same principle, different words.

We're applying a new standard; LCRI traditions can be left behind.

Regards
Richard

Richard Moore
AUthority Control Team Manager