Date:    Wed, 24 Jul 2013 21:26:38 -0400
From:    Tom Fine <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: attention Dead Heads - can you ID the concert?

I've had this excerpt of the Grateful Dead song "St. Stephen" at the end of
a cassette since I was
in high school:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/55748706/St_Stephen_excerpt.mp3

It is clearly from a vinyl source (someone made the tape for me and stuck
this on the end, knowing
that I didn't like the Dead in those days, this was an attempt to change my
mind).

I'd like to know the source so I can listen to the whole album or concert
recording. This recording
is somewhat distinct because of the guitar feedback at the beginning and
the goofy organ riffs
throughout (I'm guessing Pigpen was the source). I consider it a good
performance overall because
the vocal harmonies were better (more in-tune) than most other live
recordings of this song that I
have heard.

More info about the recording much appreciated.

-- Tom Fine