My experience is that the early American pressings when some EMIs were done
by Capitol on the black/rainbow label are not too bad. Every Angel I've
ever compared with an EMI original is severely rolled off in the bass, and
presents a flatter soundfield. Goes for the red/black recording Angel and
light blue labels, then got even worse with the later swirly brown orange
labels, which sound as poisonous as they look.

Michael Fox