Craig Kallman is a good guy and real music lover. I'm with you on the
first run vs. reissue of classic titles except that the vagaries of
storage conditions mean that in some cases after 40-50 years some
masters were in better shape at the time of first release and the
practice of sourcing vinyl reissues from varying quality CD masters as
opposed to a careful remastering from 1st generation sources throws a
bit of a screwball into the overall equation...

AA