Hello:

I have a client that has both a DAT tape format and VHS tape format that
was used for logging audio at a call center. I am not familiar with
either of these formats being used for call logging. Can anyone out
there provide some insight as to the types of machines used for this
purpose?

Also the project mandates that the audio, as it is captured or after
capture, is encrypted for security reasons. I have not had to do this as
part of a digitization process. Can someone point me in the right
direction to some potential programs one would use to do this? I'm
assuming there is no such thing as "open sourced" encryption programs
and that they are all proprietary, which is the inverse of what
archiving this data is all about because if the company that provides
the encryption software goes out of business and there is no support,
the files then become useless. Does anyone with experience have any
thoughts on this? At present, the client is indicating that each
individual file has to be encrypted, it's not a situation where the
storage media container such as the drive itself that the files are
sitting on could be encrypted.

Any insight would be most appreciated.

Kind Regards,

John Schroth