Greetings all--

Looks like the time has finally come to replace my steadfast, 10 year
old Dell Dimension--in large part because it seems we finally have the
resources to do so.

I'm wondering if anyone can offer suggestions for a new machine that
will fit the bill--particularly because I want to keep running my DAL
CardDeluxe as my D/A for playback and monitoring, which means I'll need
a machine that has at least one PCI expansion slot--in addition to at
least three PCIe slots.  For a range of reasons I'm looking at an HP
Z220, but wanted to hear any other suggestions/recommendations.

Finally, since Apogee does not provide driver support for FireWire on
Windows beyond XP, I'm investigating connecting my Rosetta 800 to the PC
using something like a Lynx AES16e PCIe card and Lynx CBL-AES1605
cables. Wondering if anybody has any other suggestions.

Thanks!

Andy

--
Andy Kolovos, Ph.D., MLS