Error during command authentication.

Error - unable to initiate communication with LISTSERV (errno=111). The server is probably not started. LISTSERV 16.0 - ARSCLIST Archives

Hi Andy:

Are what software are you running and can you get Windows system software that will support both
your hardware and software?

To be honest, if I had the funds to get rid of all the legacy WinXP aspects of my studio, I'd go Mac
today. Why? Windows 8 is a horrible POS, and Microsoft shows no signs of sticking with anything
familiar about Windows. So, if they're going to change everything about Windows, meaning I have to
learn a new OS, why not just learn Mac? You can now build a full studio around a Mac Mini. You can
also build it around a Macbook Air or Macbook Pro, for that matter. The final decider for me is that
Sony now makes Soundforge for Mac. The last thing I'd want to do is learn new audio software if I
also have to learn a new OS.

Net-net, the whole thing infuriates me. I'm an audio guy, not an IT geek. I resent the steep
learning curves and computer-tech issues that an audio guy needs to master today. However, once
these are mastered, there is no arguing that modern digital-audio software can be super-efficient
and modern DSP can do wonders to nip and tuck the quality of sound.

-- Tom Fine