I also use the Rondine 3, which is a 12 speed turntable which can play up to 17 inch records and with a considerable range of varispeed, I'm sure it can play at any speed up to over 100rpm.  It's a belt drive system so you don't get "instant" start like high-torque direct drive turntables; it takes several revs to get up to 78rpm.  The speed isn't quartz locked but there are a number of speed allignment controls which, once set, seem to hold proper speed consistently.  One thing that annoys me is a quiet whine from the turntable motor.  The 12 speeds include all the normal speeds, half of all the normal speeds for half-speed mastering and several speeds around the 78 range: 68.5, 71.29, 76.59, 78.26, 80, 85, and 90.  Priced at under $1,400, I think it's excellent value for the money.

db