I highly recommend the Rek-O-Cut CVS-14.  You can get a good price on a new
one from Nauck:

https://www117.safesecureweb.com/78rpm/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Session_ID=6ae10405f4947b447451fb5cf7200d1d&Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=NRC&Category_Code=105

It plays 16" records and works really well.  I have mine sitting on a rack
resting on a chunk of heavy granite, sitting on a cement slab floor. Never
the slighest hint of feedback or other vibration this way.

Best,
John Haley

On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 5:39 PM, Shai Drori <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> So I'm going to be the only party pooper (read with heavy Austrian accent
> and a machine gun cross your chest)?
>
> Having spent years with both a turbo charged 1200 and an EMT 948 and now
> an EMT 950, I have some points.
>
> 1. The 1200 is your best bang for the buck but it's not a great turntable.
> If you do go that route place it on a really heavy slab of marble so that
> you reduce the rumble.
> 2. EMT turntables cost more but are worth every sent. They produce much
> tighter bass than the 1200, assuming same cartridge. Works magic on 78's.
> 3. The EMT 950 is almost impossible to find and costs a lot but the 948 is
> all over eBay and if you wait long enough you can pick one up for a
> reasonable cost. They are worth the investment IMHO.
> 4. The 948 can be easily modified to play 16" records. No money needed
> just a metric Allen set. IF you get one I'll email you the instructions,
> really easy.
> 5. The 948 has a really easy variable speed option and if you're handy
> with a soldering iron you can even make a multi fixed speed change box for
> 78 setting.
>
> Back to my hole
> Shai
>

> בתאריך 24/07/13 8:36 PM, ציטוט John Schroth:
>
>  Tom:
>>
>> I have the Rondine 3 from Rek-O-Kut and have been very happy with it for
>> the past six years. Looks like Rek-O-Cut also has some new offerings on the
>> same page link provided below.
>>
>> http://www.esotericsound.com/**turntable1.htm<http://www.esotericsound.com/turntable1.htm>
>>
>> John Schroth
>>
>> On 7/24/2013 1:54 PM, Tom Diamant wrote:
>>
>>> The three speed turntable of the Arhoolie Foundation has died and I don't
>>> know if it's repairable. We're looking for a good replacement.
>>> Here's what we need.
>>> 1. Three speed
>>> 2. Variable pitch
>>> 3. Sturdy (we use it every day, all day long)
>>> 4. good specs (low rumble, low wow & flutter)
>>> 5. Although we have yet to have a use for a turntable that can play 16