From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of [log in to unmask]
Sent: July-04-13 9:10 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Independent commercial television / Themes Television's logo musi

Themes Television's logo music may be found online by googling 'Themes Television's logo music'.

Don Chichester

In a message dated 7/4/2013 7:42:20 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> writes:

Thank  you for all that, Chris. I don't watch much TV nowadays, but living in England  until 1998 I enjoyed a lot of it. I enjoyed American programs too, broadcast  in Britain, and was amused by the way the writing fell into

segments: you  could tell where the commercial breaks were in the USA even though the ads  themselves were missing. American network TV is written around the adverts! In  the mid-1980s I was living in southwest London; I wish I had a recording of  Themes Television's logo music.

I didn't know  about the archive problem. Of course it stands to reason - nobody invests in  broadcasting as a public service, any more than politicians serve because it  is their duty.

Donald Clarke