Hi Hugh,

Here's the catalogue record for Curtis's cylinders at the Archives of Traditional Music (ATM) at Indiana University (Bloomington):

Author/Composer,etc: Curtis, Edward S., 1868-1952.
Title: [United States, Western States and Canada, British
                        Columbia, North American Indians, 1907-1913] [sound
                        recording] / collected by Edward S. Curtis.
Physical description: 276 cylinders : 160 rpm, coarse groove, mono. ; 2 1/8
                        in. x 4 1/4 in. + documentation
Performer: Performed by various native musicians.
Recording info.: Recorded by Curtis and possibly others in British
                        Columbia, Washington, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, New
                        Mexico, South Dakota and possibly other locations from
                        1907-1913.
                 Notes: North American Indian songs and music.
                 Notes: Accompanied by item description sheets and references.
                 Notes: Indexed in Dorothy Sara Lee, Native North American
                        Music and Oral Data (I.U. Press, 1979) and Indiana
                        University, Bloomington, Archives of Traditional
                        Music, Early Field Recordings (I.U. Press, 1987).
            Local note: Additional documentation in archival box in vault.
            Local note: scy 1--279; EC 10" 263--273.11; ATL (old copy)
                        1451--1471; ATL 8689--8694
                        groups: Clayoquot, Cowichan, Haida, Hesquiat, and
                        Kwakiutl in B.C.; Arapaho, Cheyenne, Cochiti, Crow,
                        Klikitat, Kutenai, Nez Percé, Salish, Shoshoni,
                        Snohomish, Wishram, Yakima, Acoma, Arikara, Hidatsa,
                        Makah, Mandan, Paloos, Piegan, Tewa (San Ildefonso,
                        San Juan, Tesuque, Nambé), and possibly Dakota,
                        Clallam, Twana, Colville and Nespelim in the western
                        U.S.
      Partial contents: Medicine songs -- War songs -- Children's songs --
                        Lullabies --Healing songs -- Sun dance songs -- Grass
                        dance songs -- Hand game songs --Gambling songs --
                        Ghost dance songs -- Bear dance songs -- Myth songs
                        --Buffalo dance songs -- Scalp dance songs -- Various
                        ceremonial songs -- Others (too numerous to mention).
B-ATM CALL NUMBER

        COPY  MATERIAL   LOCATION
   1)57-014-F ATL 19516--19526

Marilyn Graf is the Archivist. Email: atmusic (at) Indiana.edu

Best,

Jonathan

Jonathan Wise
Archivist, Resource Centre
Business Partnerships and Information Management (BPIM)
Canadian Museum of Civilization
100, rue Laurier Street, Gatineau, QC  K1A 0M8
Tél: 819 776-8183 Fax: 819 776-7143