Right now I've dedicated one older computer to my DAW using my OLD CoolEdit software that works great with the DAL card that you, Tom, touted and I love.  Yes, it all runs on XP, but I get most of my email and other work on my fast HP running under WIN 7 that I got from Costco.  I'll keep a closed loop on the XP when support stops.  I think it'll work for me into the near future without my having to learn new systems and software.

________________________________
 From: Tom Fine <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Tuesday, July 16, 2013 12:38 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Audio workstation recommendations?

Yes, agree about being FORCED to "upgrade" when Microshaft stops doing security updates. At both the studio and my other company, we're not sure what we're going to do, but we already know we'll now have to budget lots of money for needless computer changes in 2014. There is very serious thought and talk about just moving to Mac, the idea being that Microsoft has now diverged from our best interests. What we'll do about legacy XP software is anyone's guess.

-- Tom Fine

----- Original Message ----- From: "Arthur Gaer" <[log in to unmask]>