>Whoa - wait a minute.
>Isn't binder hydrolysis (sticky shed) totally different than binder delamination? Would you really want to bake tapes with oxide >delamination???? Some tapes may have sticky shed so bad that it appears to be "delaminating" as you play them, but I'm not so sure that >you'd want to bake tapes where the binder is actually flaking off of the tapes just by handling them. I have not yet had to work with true >binder delamination (and hope I never will) but from what I know, that's a totally different animal not to be to confused with sticky >shed!!! (and I've yet to see anyone out there reveal any simple solution to easily fix or stabilize binder delaminated tapes). Just my two >cents. Suzanne if you have more information, please share it!
>John Schroth

The only binder delamination I have encountered have been on very old acetate-backed tapes. It seems to me that it is a lack-of-humidity problem that may or may not be remedied by placing the tape(s) in a high humidity chamber for a long period of time (think weeks or months) before attempting to play. I would never bake an acetate-based tape.

-Matt Sohn