From: Bibliographic Framework Transition Initiative Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Reynolds, Regina
Sent: Friday, July 05, 2013 11:09 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [BIBFRAME] Question about serials/articles

Hello again, F-X,

I'm trying to catch up on my email before leaving for a slightly longer than usual weekend.

Perhaps you saw my answer to this question, which was to ask for clarification about "secondary" ISSN. The answer was that the writer wanted to include the ISSN for the specific medium of the instance, as well as the linking ISSN.

As I mentioned in my reply, it is clear that further work is needed concerning serials.  Sally McCallum is aware of this but our serials sub-group has only met once and does not have a regular meeting schedule, which concerns me. I learned at ALA that this is a concern of others--including Eric Miller whom I talked with there. We will be discussing how to advance the work with serials. I will also suggest that we must include ISSN at the instance level.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. There is so much "traffic" on the BIBFRAME list that it is difficult to keep up with it, especially at busy times.

Regina