Hi Glenn, Can you paste the whole command that you tried, as well as the full response? Best, David. On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 4:41 PM, Glenn Bunton <[log in to unmask]> wrote: > Meant to send sooner. > > I feel like we are very close. We now have everything installed and the > base chronam software is up and running which is great. > > Our next problem. We attempted to load a batch of the content we are > interested in putting into the chronam system. We we tried the load command > we received the following error message (primary error, not full): > ERROR:chronam.core.batch_loader:unable to load batch: unknown url type: > /opt/chronam/data/batch_scu_gamecock_ver01/data/batch_1.xml > > Any ideas or suggestions what the problem might be? We are looking closer > but thought I'd put this up on the list just in case anyone's seen this > before and has some suggestions. > > Thanks for everyone's assistance so far. > > > ------------------------------ > *From:* "Summers, Ed" <[log in to unmask]> > *To:* [log in to unmask] > *Sent:* Monday, July 8, 2013 9:33 AM > *Subject:* Re: Not quite > > Hi Glenn, > > I incorrectly pinned the version of html5lib in the requirements.txt. I > just pushed an update to GitHub that fixes the problem, so if you `git > pull` you should be able to do the pip install now. Sorry about that! > > I will look into why the installation/configuration of Solr fails, if you > think it's a problem with the installation instructions. > > //Ed > > > From: Data, API, website, and code of the Chronicling America website > [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Glenn Bunton > Sent: Wednesday, July 03, 2013 5:32 PM > To: [log in to unmask] > Subject: Re: Not quite > > Solved the jetty/solr issue with the installation config files so that's > good. Outstanding problem is still now the command > > pip install -r requirements.pip > > that fails with the error information already provided. > > So close!!! > > ________________________________________ > From: "Summers, Ed" <[log in to unmask]> > To: [log in to unmask] > Sent: Wednesday, June 26, 2013 8:12 AM > Subject: Re: Not quite > > Hi Glenn, > > Chronam doesn't care if Solr is running in a Jetty or Tomcat service > container. However it is important that Solr is configured to use the > chronam schema, which is independent of the container. You can find the > schema xml here: > > > https://github.com/LibraryOfCongress/chronam/blob/master/conf/schema.xml > > Let us know how it goes. > > //Ed > > From: Glenn Bunton [mailto:[log in to unmask]] > Sent: Tuesday, June 25, 2013 2:01 PM > To: Summers, Ed; [log in to unmask] > Subject: Re: Not quite > > Hi Ed, > > I haven't been able to figure out the relationship between the jetty and > the solr yet. > > Just as I test I wanted to see if I could install solr straight, apart > from the chronam installation. I'm working on that right now and will let > you know how that turns out. > > Question - does chronam care if it's jetty or tomcat or would either work? > I know it's configured for jetty but just wondered if there was anything > jetty-specific that would not work with tomcat. > > Will be back in touch with more info soon. > > ________________________________________ > From: "Summers, Ed" <[log in to unmask]> > To: 'Glenn Bunton' <[log in to unmask]>; "[log in to unmask]" < > [log in to unmask]> > Sent: Monday, June 24, 2013 12:02 PM > Subject: RE: Not quite > > Hi Glenn, > > Did you ever get any insight into what the jetty url was for the solr > servlet? If you are still drawing a blank I would be willing to log in to > the machine in question and take a look if you think it could help. > > //Ed > > From: Data, API, website, and code of the Chronicling America website > [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Glenn Bunton > Sent: Friday, June 14, 2013 1:36 PM > To: [log in to unmask] > Subject: Not quite > > Hi Ed, > > Thanks for the last suggestions. I did the git but I still get a 404 error > when I do > > http://localhost:8080/solr > > Interesting comments about javac and what it's looking for. Would it make > any difference if it's jdk/jre6 or jdk/jre7? I noticed both were on our > server. We installed 6 with the installation instructions for chronam but > it looks like the default is 7 for the basic installation. I took 7 off to > see if that would make any difference but got the same error. The javac is > in /usr/bin > > Will keep looking around. Thanks for the continuing help. > >