We're establishing someone who died in the Karlag concentration camp in
Kazakhstan in 1943. Concentration camps are treated as corporate 110
entities by LC, and RDA specifies that a place of death (370 $b) should be
a "town, city, province, state, or country." That seems to rule out
specifying the camp as the place of death. Affiliation (373 $a) on the
other hand is defined more loosely than the name would suggest. My reading
is that we could specify (sidestepping the question of the form of name in
the 373--in our source it's in Icelandic):

370 $b Kazakhstan
373 $a Karlag (Concentration camp) $t 1943

Still, I'd rather put the camp in 370 $b. The RDA Glossary defines "Place"
as "A location identified by a name." Am I reading RDA's enumerated
definition of "place of death" too narrowly?

Thanks,

Stephen

--
Stephen Hearn, Metadata Strategist
Technical Services, University Libraries