From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Mark K. Ehlert
Sent: Tuesday, July 23, 2013 3:32 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PCCLIST] William Byrd, Psalms, sonets and songs

Penny Swanson <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>> wrote:
I've just come across authority records for William Byrd with "$t Psalmes, sonets, and songs" and others with "$t Psalms, songs, and sonnets"  Both records have 040 $e rda.

Is one of these correct and the other incorrect?  or are both correct?

Based on a quick look at the authority records and Grove's Dictionary:
- Psalmes, Sonets and Songs, published in London in 1588
- Psalmes, Songs and Sonnets, published in London in 1611

Byrd experts may want to weigh in here.

--
Mark K. Ehlert                 Minitex
Coordinator                    University of Minnesota

This email message and any files transmitted with it are intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. Any use, distribution, copying or disclosure by anyone other than the intended individual or entity is prohibited without prior approval. If you have received this information in error, please notify the sender immediately.