On 15/08/2013, Michael Biel wrote:

> Don't forget it is not only us old farts with lousy hearing -- the
> kids have been ruining their hearing at a faster rate than we had.
> There is a thought some have that MP3 is BETTER for their ears than
> wideband now.

MP3 files don't have less high frequency sound than uncompressed files.
They are simply less accurate.

> Plus, most of them have never known what live unaugmented music
> sounds like. Pity.

I think everyone must have heard an acoustic guitar on its own. It is
still a big challenge for an audio system to reproduce the sound of a
solo acoustic guitar at a realistic level.

And many will have heard a real piano.

Regards
--
Don Cox