  _____

From: Steve Smolian [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, August 27, 2013 8:49 AM
To: Smolian
Subject: John Powell

I've just obtained copies of two privately made John Powell 78 sets-  Mozart
Ssonata , K. 311 (4s) and 3 pieces by Powell (3 12" 78s) and Schumann 's
Humoresque . op. 20  (4 78s) . He was a Lescheizky pupil, highly praised,
and an American composer well known during his lifetime (1882-1963)

These were once considered among the most collectible of U.S. piano records.
In the past, I've sold each set at a price in the lower four figures.  I've
not heard them mentioned in years.   I couldn't find them in Popsike  Are
they still so highly regarded or has time applied the soft pedal to their
reputation?

I'll consider offers.

Steve Smolian