Sharpie does offer a marker made for disk media. If you download the
PDF's of the chemicals used in both the regular Sharpie marker and the
one made for disk media from their website, you will see there is a
difference. I have yet to have an issue with the one made for disk
media. Not to say that there isn't a better answer than using a sharpie,
I'm just pointing out the difference.

Regards,

John Schroth