Michael,

The good news is at least my son Robert is getting a whole bunch of live
unaugmented music while studying music education at Western University
in London, Ontario. Most concerts are unaugmented--even the odd modern
music. He plays sax as his primary instrument for university and there
were saxes making ungodly, electronic-like sounds, but all really
acoustic at one concert we attended.

At the church I used to do sound at (used-to=long story) we had a
tightrope. I actually pulled the choir mics down as people were sneaking
them in, but told the choirmaster we'd need to mic the choir for things
like the Christmas pageant...and if they didn't project more.
We did for the pageant as no one can shut up during that, but otherwise,
Robert sang in the unaugmented youth choir and in the rock attempt at a
praise band...it never really got off the ground.

I'm pleased that Robert still uses an acoustic guitar sometimes, but
tonight he's hearing Black Sabbath live...so at least with my musical
son, it is a real mix.

My younger son hears less unaugmented music. He's down in NY State
helping a heavy metal band move their archives. He packed half a ton of
tapes earlier this week...many of which I had digitized earlier.

Cheers,

Richard

On 2013-08-14 10:16 PM, Michael Biel wrote:
> Plus, most of them have never known what live unaugmented music sounds
> like. Pity.
Richard L. Hess                   email: [log in to unmask] Aurora,
Ontario, Canada                             647 479 2800
http://www.richardhess.com/tape/contact.htm Quality tape transfers --
even from hard-to-play tapes.