A while ago there was a thread on reading / ripping optical disks that had suffered from bit-rot. I have been sent 8 home-burnt DVDs - they are the only known copies of private performances of a band originally recorded onto VHS NTSC tapes (now long gone). The DVD recordings are bad - error prone - but readable with error correcting algorithms. I have copied 7 to a hard-drive and they play well - once the time codes had all been corrected. But the 8'th gives up 10 minutes into the recording. It should be 90 minutes long. I've tried with different DVD players - with no luck. Is there a way of reading a disk slowly and making a bit-by-bit rip to a hard-drive? This is a large rescue project!! Many thanks - Chris B.