Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] MMMurray's collection was sold
From: Donald Tait <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, August 30, 2013 3:44 pm
To: [log in to unmask]

 Sam -- many thanks for posting this. It's a heart-warming feature. It
shows that Murray was special indeed, and his rendition of "Brother, Can
You Spare a Dime" is really good! But of course he'd remember the
Depression.... What a neat man.

 I met him when I was in L.A. in September 1968. Although I didn't know
the city I managed to find my way to his store of the time, which I
think was on Western Avenue. When he learned that I was interested in
Albert Coates's 78s he produced a 12" stock album of Coates HMVs, but
there was nothing I needed.

 It's good that they finally sold the collection, as Murray wanted.

 Don Tait