-----Original Message-----
From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Don Cox
Sent: Wednesday, August 07, 2013 3:30 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Save the Unicorns

On 07/08/2013, Carl Pultz wrote:

> Hey, here�
>
> Any other catalog series that are typically vulnerable to wasting? We
> should be proactive toward preserving such items. This Mahler went
> from okay to not okay in just a couple years. OTOH, the big kerfuffle
> over bit-rot predicted years ago seems to have been overstated. For
> USA collections, the vast majority of CDs remain playable, at least
> based on the collections I know. Are others finding more rotten beer
> coasters?

My copy of the Mahler 3rd is the same as yours.

Perhaps if we can get ddrescue to work we could put the two copies together
?

Unfortunately I have not been able to unarchive the ddrescue download so
far. It might be a Linux-only program ? Linux folk like to make it as
difficult as possible to use their software.

I am using Win XP. Does anyone have a version that just works on XP, without
all the obstacles ?  It would be small enough to email.

Regards
--
Don Cox