Are you interested in records like this on a regular basis? Every so often I see large collections of Bowmars,and similar records from schools in the Goodwill bins for forty cents a pound.The amount of LPs that show up there are insane.Almost one or two large shopping cartsful a day.And every day a different assortment. Roger > Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2013 17:17:46 +0000> From: [log in to unmask]> Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] US equivalent of HMV 78s> To: [log in to unmask]> > Thank you, Mr. Clarke!> > Regards,> Ben Roth> FAU RSA> > -----Original Message-----> From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Donald Clarke> Sent: Thursday, August 08, 2013 12:49 PM> To: [log in to unmask]> Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] US equivalent of HMV 78s> > I'll send 'em. SInce you're a public entity and a sound archive I'll pay the postage.> > On Aug 8, 2013, at 11:37 AM, James Roth wrote:> > Hello, Mr. Clarke> > Florida Atlantic University in Boca Raton has a very large record/tape/CD collection.> We have at least 100,000 78s of all kinds.  We call ourselves the Recorded Sound Archives.> Hence: FAU RSA.> > Right now we're working on children's records - cleaning, digitizing, editing, scanning, etc.> These will go up on a special website. More details in January.> > Here is the website for the RSA http://www.library.fau.edu/depts/spc/spc/soundarchives.htm> > Media mail would be fine.> I'm SURE you know how to pack records.> > The address is:> Recorded Sound Archives> Florida Atlantic University> Wimberly Library> 777 Glades Road> Boca Raton, FL 33431-0992> > Thanks in advance for your donation.> > Regards,> Ben Roth> FAU RSA> > > Recorded Sound Archives> > -----Original Message-----> From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Donald Clarke> Sent: Thursday, August 08, 2013 11:12 AM> To: [log in to unmask]> Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] US equivalent of HMV 78s> > Where are you? I will ship them to you for USA postage. They might go media mail or they might be too heavy for that. What is FUU-RSA?> > Donald Clarke> > > On Aug 8, 2013, at 10:38 AM, James Roth wrote:> > Greetings,> > I am definitely interested in the Bowmars.> Please tell me what to do.> > Thanks,> Ben Roth> FAU-RSA> > -----Original Message-----> From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Donald Clarke> Sent: Thursday, August 08, 2013 10:03 AM> To: [log in to unmask]> Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] US equivalent of HMV 78s> > I've just been given a pile Bowmar children's records, written by Lucille Wood and with Marni Nixon one of the narrator/vocalists. Ten vinyl 12" LPs in good condition; books not included. Is anybody interested in this stuff? Also some Disney stuff with Sterling Holloway. > > Donald Clarke> > On Aug 8, 2013, at 9:25 AM, James Roth wrote:> > Good morning, all> > While working with children's 78s, I found an Alice in Wonderland.> It's on HMV C.3244> It stars Arthur Askey, Ann Stephens, Nancy Munks and Molly Munks.> The orch. leader is Clifford Greenwood.> > There's also a Through the Looking Glass - C. 3245> > Do any of those exist in a US pressing?> > Regards,> Ben Roth> FAU-RSA