They say that these are items "which we already have at least one copy in great condition."

As a librarian and a citizen, I think it's reasonable for them to sell duplicate copies.

-- Tim

From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of David Lewis [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, August 09, 2013 4:41 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ARSCLIST] NYPL sells the vinyl collection -- I'm serious

http://www.thevinylfactory.com/vinyl-factory-news/new-york-public-library-puts-vinyl-archive-up-for-sale/

Sorry, in my opinion, an outrage

David N. LewisThis email message and any files transmitted with it are intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  Any use, distribution, copying or disclosure by anyone other than the intended individual or entity is prohibited without prior approval.  If you have received this information in error, please notify the sender immediately.