David Lewis wrote:
>> http://www.thevinylfactory.com/vinyl-factory-news/new-york-public-library-puts-vinyl-archive-up-for-sale
>> Sorry, in my opinion, an outrage.    David N. Lewis

I'm surprised at Dave's reaction because that article starts "Over
22,000 duplicates go on sale to the public." and then continues
"Representing decades of unsolicited donations of records that are
already archived in mint condition,..."  I had linked to a number of
detailed and illustrated articles on facebook but it seems that my
recent email problems lost the links I had tried to post here. R&H had
been been blogging with photos for a week or so.

http://rharecordsale.tumblr.com/

http://www.nypl.org/blog/author/818

Leah was there on Friday, and apparently most of the popular and shows
went on Thursday.  It was mainly classical.  22,000 LPs is not that huge
an amount, New Yorkers have become very jaded because of all of the
great disposals in the past 5 years or so.  I'm still sorting and
shelving the hauls I got when Footlights closed.  B. George had
thousands of classical LPs being practically given away a few years ago
at the ARC sales.  Acadamy always haves loads of classical LPs.  Back in
the 70s and 80s the R&H sales were legendary because of the 78s.

Mike Biel  [log in to unmask]