Thank you Carl for a wonderful summation of what we classical collectors have been and perhaps will be, but as far as the original†RCA†LSC 2252 VAN CLIBURN, KIRIL KONDRAS TCHAIKOVSKY- LIVING STEREO LP, you haven't really heard it until you listen to the SACD version with the three discrete front channels. †So, there are still CD avenues that perhaps will last as long as LPs for those of us who will collect these wonderful reissues that we'll keep in our collections for a long time to come.

________________________________
 From: Clark Johnsen <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Monday, August 12, 2013 12:34 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] NYPL sells the vinyl collection -- I'm serious

Quite right you are -- there will soon be a swell of used CDs owing to
downloading and streaming. One must wonder though whether there will be a
backlash similar to that with LPs, wherein former owners regretted making
the switch to CD and had to repurchase their vinyl collections.

Lucky me, a house that ably holds 15K LPs and 30K 78s. Music in every room!

clark