Baked-in jitter.
The data stream from reader is buffered.
The buffer input clock is independent of the dac clock, except that it is metered to prevent overrunning the buffer based on the dac's needs.
The dac clock is all that matters. If the cd and buffer were big enough it could store a years' worth of data, less one last sample. If 364 days worth of data is stored in say 2 months, then that last sample could be "baked in" on Dec31 at 11:59 (10 months later) and there still would be no jitter, unless it were coming from the dac clocking. Errors and dropouts are a different matter.

Please pardon the misspellings and occassional insane word substitution I'm on an iPhone