Sorry, Tom, your inner old-codger is showing...I have a teenager. He and his cohort are real music hounds, playing instruments both acoustic and electric, perpetually starting bands, going to live concerts, and collecting music in various formats. At his public high school there are two very active music ensembles, one of them regularly plays jazz festivals in Europe.