Hi

I have found using isopropyl alcohol dripped on using a Q-stick frequently,
a pellon wipe and a re-modified low friction Studer B67 very useful in
getting the tape on to the take-up reel before even trying to get a signal
helpful.  At least I know I will generally not end up with pull-outs.  Once
it has freed up then I have had few problems after that.  Patience is a
virtue in the first part!

It doesn't surprise me if this is another 'bad batch' that left the factory
all those years ago.

Cheers
Marie