Mac, I believe that those are UPC codes - barcodes - but not ISBNs. Does anyone know for sure? Laura?

From the Bowker site:

" The ISBN identifies a book or other book-like product (such as an audiobook) in a specific format and edition, but also the publisher."

and from their FAQ:

DVDs DVDs may not get an ISBN if they are entertainment or performance videos. If the DVD is instructional or educational, then the DVD is eligible for an ISBN. However, retailers vary in their requirements regarding the type of product identification. Publishers should check with their retailers for requirements. If the DVD is eligible for an ISBN, the ISBN is placed near the copyright line on the packaging.

kc