Yes, I would love for there to be a global solution.

We are not squatting on those domains (although there are some we ARE
squatting on).

From:  Karen Coyle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:  Saturday, August 3, 2013 10:35 AM
To:  <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:  Re: [BIBFRAME] Modeling Question

 Laura, the problem with a Bowker-specific URI is that with an ISBN in hand
you would have to know that it's a US ISBN in order to turn it into a URI.
It needs to be a pattern that can take any ISBN. Bowker has the isbn.org
domain, while Italy uses isbn.it, France uses isbnfrance.com, etc. It really
has to be something global.

 (I just did a quick search and isbn.com and isbn.info are registered but
available for $$.)

 kc