There are (at least) four different things that Jorg addressed. Perhaps
it would be better to look at them separately so as not to develop any
confusion between them.

1) Language - coding by language is part of the RDF core standard.
However, years ago a committee was looking into coding MARC data by
language and essentially failed because the cataloging rules are not
strictly language-dependent, and there are many strings in a
bibliographic record for which the language isn't terribly relevent. For
example, a book in German with the title "Marie Antoinette" the title
string is not really either in German nor necessarily in French. The
fields that could be tagged would be those that reflect the language of
cataloging (250, 300, etc.), and perhaps subject headings. For proper
names, language becomes quite complex, such as a name of Chinese origin
where the person works in the West and prefers the Western name order.

2) Cataloging rules - this is covered in the FRAD standard: each access
point should be coded by rule base. As I recall, this is "AACR2" not
"AACR2 section 17.2.B3"

3) Transliteration - it would be nice to have the transliteration rules
along with the transliteration, and to know that a string is a
transliteration. I don't know if " en-US-x-aacr-transliteration" covers
this, but know very little about transliteration. I do know that we
moved from Wade-Giles to Pinyin in my lifetime, and I don't think those
could be covered by "aacr-transliteration".

4) Supplied/transcribed/recorded - as suggested by Alan Danskin.

One would need to think of the interplay between these (e.g. could a
transliteration be transcribed? or is it always supplied?).

kc